a) Sooner State b) Silver State c) Lonestar State d) Cornhusker State
2. In term of geography, Texas is located in which area of the United States?
a) North central b) South central c) Southwest d) Northeast
3. The capital of Texas is ______.
a) Austin b) Houston c) Dallas d) San Antonio e) Fort Worth
4. The phrase "Don't Mess with Texas" was originally developed by the state's Department of Transportation as part of what campaign?
a) Anti-littering b) Anti-gun c) Anti-drug
5. Prior to becoming a U.S. state in 1845, Texas was ________.
a) A territory of Mexico b) Indian territory c) Unclaimed d) An independent republic
6. What is the biggest and most important industry in Texas?
a) Agriculture b) Energy c) Tourism d) Defense/Military
7. Due to its geographical location, Texas is most vulnerable to which type(s) of natural disaster?
a) Hurricanes b) Tornadoes c) Earthquakes d) A and B
8. In its political history, Texas has been ________.
a) Liberal leaning b) Conservative leaning c) Moderate leaning
9. The famed Battle of the Alamo, which took place in what is now San Antonio (Texas), was between the Texian army and the Mexican troops. Who won this battle?
a) The Texian freedom fighters b) The Mexican army c) A tie
10. Football is enormously popular in Texas. The state is home to two NFL teams, the Texans and ______.
a) The Eagles b) The Broncos c) The Raiders d) The Cowboys
11. Which of these former U.S. presidents was a Texas native (born in the state)?
a) George W. Bush b) George H. W. Bush c) Dwight D. Eisenhower d) Both A and B
12. True or false. Texas has no individual state income tax.
1)c 2)b 3)a 4)a 5)d 6)b 7)d 8)b 9)b 10)d 11)c 12)True
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4 correct