a) Cleveland b) Cincinnati c) Columbus d) Toledo
2. Ohio is located in which part of the United States?
a) Southwest b) Midwest c) Northwest
3. Politically, Ohio has been decisively leaning ________.
a) Democratic b) Republican c) Neither (swing state)
4. Ohio's state animal is the white-tailed deer. What is the official state insect?
a) Cockroach b) Beetle c) Butterfly d) Ladybug
5. The Cincinnati Reds (baseball) is a prominent sport team in Ohio. How many World Series titles has the team won?
a) 1 b) 3 c) 5 d) None
6. The river image on the Seal of Ohio depicts which of the state's rivers?
a) Ohio River b) Grand River c) Scioto River d) Paint Creek
7. According to the Census Bureau, what is the top ancestry group in Ohio?
a) German b) English c) Irish d) Italian
8. It has been established that the highest point in Ohio is ________.
a) Campbell Hill b) Chaoel Hill c) Miserable, Mount d) Sugarloaf
9. As of 2017, there have been seven Ohio-born U.S. presidents. Which of the following is NOT one of them?
a) Ulysses S. Grant b) Rutherford B. Hayes c) Benjamin Harrison d) Grover Cleveland
10. What is Ohio's state tree?
a) Buckeye b) American elm c) Coffee tree d) Dogwood
11. In its (very) early years, Ohio was home to a big population of this race group.
a) Whites b) Blacks c) Native Americans
12. True or false. Famed astronaut Neil Armstrong--the first person to walk on the moon--was a native of Ohio.
1)c 2)b 3)c 4)d 5)c 6)c 7)a 8)a 9)d 10)a 11)c 12)True
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4