a) Christianity b) Islam c) Buddhism d) Judaism
2. What is the main purpose of Easter Sunday?
a) To mark the spring season
b) To commemorate Jesus’ birth
c) To observe Jesus’ death
d) To celebrate Jesus’ resurrection
e) To hunt to Easter eggs
3. The Easter holiday falls on which month of the year? (Best Answer)
a) February b) March c) April d) May e) B or C
4. According to the Bible, Jesus’ resurrection took place how many days after his death?
a) 3 b) 5 c) 7 d) 10 e) 40
5. What object/symbol is most associated with secular Easter?
a) Santa Claus b) Leprechaun c) Black cat d) Mythical bunny e) None of these
6. Which of these Christian churches or organizations does not observe Easter?
a) Lutheran b) Jehovah's Witnesses c) Baptist d) Methodist e) Anglican
7. What do we call the Sunday before Easter Sunday?
a) Lent b) Good Sunday c) Pentecost d) Palm Sunday
8. True or false. Many Christians (particularly Catholics) fast on Good Friday to commemorate Jesus’ death.
9. What is another name for Easter Sunday (that is not frequently used)?
a) Resurrection Day b) Ascension Day c) Trinity Sunday d) Palm Sunday
10. Easter week often intersects with a major holiday/festival of another religion. What is the name of this holiday?
a) Ramadan b) Maha Shiva Ratri c) Passover d) Buddha’s Birthday
11. Good Friday is a state holiday in 12 U.S. states. Which of the following is one of them?
a) California b) Hawaii c) Massachusetts d) Rhode Island e) New York
12. True or false. Orthodox churches observe Easter on the same day as Western Christian churches.
1)a 2)d 3)e 4)a 5)d 6)b 7)d 8)True 9)a 10)c 11)b 12)False
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4 correct