a) Spanish b) Portugese c) French d) Russian e) Chinese
2. What is the official symbol of Canada?
a) Bald eagle b) Yellow star c) Lotus flower d) Maple leaf
3. Canada is an export-oriented country. Who is the Canadian biggest trading partner?
a) England b) France c) The United States d) Mexico
4. The national sport(s) of Canada is _____.
a) Lacrosse b) Ice Hockey c) Curling d) Canadian football e) Both A and B
5. What do we call people who lived in Canada before European settlers came?
a) Native Canadians b) Aboriginal Peoples c) The Primitives
6. As winter sports are extremely popular in Canada, how many times has the country hosted the Winter Games?
a) 3 b) 2 c) 1 d) None
7. Canada is a former colony of which country?
a) Great Britain b) The U.S. c) France d) Spain
8. What is the capital of Canada?
a) Montreal b) Toronto c) Quebec City d) Edmonton e) Ottawa
9. Who is Canada’s head of state?
a) The President b) Prime Minister c) Governor General d) Monarch of Canada
10. Which famous Canadian artist sang the theme song for the popular American movie Titanic?
a) Celine Dion b) Avril Lavigne c) Shania Twain d) Sarah McLachlan
11. The most prominent TV channel in Canada is _____.
a) TVA b) CBC c) CTV d) Télévision de Radio-Canada
12. True or False. Same-sex marriage is protected by Canadian laws.
1)c 2)d 3)c 4)e 5)b 6)b 7)a 8)e 9)d 10)a 11)b 12)True
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4 correct