a) By knockout (opponent unable to continue)
b) By technical points
c) By opponent’s forfeit (during match)
d) Any of the above
2. Modern boxing, as a sport, originated from which country?
a) Greece b) United States c) Great Britain d) France
3. Boxing is contested in a ______.
a) Ring b) Gym c) Field d) Track
4. Boxing became an official Olympic sport in what year?
a) 1896 b) 1904 c) 1912 d) 1948
5. Which of these boxing greats was the only one without a defeat in his professional career?
a) Mike Tyson
b) Rocky Marciano
c) Joe Louis
d) Muhammad Ali
6. Who are allowed to compete in Olympic boxing?
a) Amateurs b) Professionals c) Both
7. The long-term injury most associated with boxing is ______.
a) Bone damage
b) Brain damage
c) Eyesight damage
8. In professional boxing, a typical bout is consisted of up to how many rounds?
a) 3 b) 7 c) 12 d) Until someone is knocked out
9. What is the name of the famous boxing match between Muhammad Ali and George Foreman in the former Zaire (now called Congo)?
a) Rumble in the Zaire
b) Rumble in the Congo
c) Rumble in the Jungle
10. Which of the following is NOT one of the weight classes in competitive boxing?
a) Superweight b) Heavyweight c) Middleweight d) Lightweight e) Flyweight
11. The U.S. is the all-time most successful boxing country in the Olympics. The second most successful country is ______.
a) Great Britain b) Italy c) Russia d) Cuba
12. True or false. Professional boxers are NOT allowed to wear headgear in bouts.
1)d 2)c 3)a 4)b 5)b 6)a 7)b 8)c 9)c 10)a 11)d 12)True
Master – 12 correct answers
Expert – 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate – 7 to 9 correct
Beginner – 4 to 6 correct
Novice – Less than 4 correct