b) Stop motion
c) Computer or CGI
2. What was the name of the first cartoon?
a) Crusader Rabbit b) Fantasmagorie c) Kimba the White Lion d) Pinocchio
3. This animation studio was the first to achieve long-standing commercial success.
a) Walt Disney b) Toei Animation c) Hanna-Barbera d) Soyuzmultfilm
4. What year did Cartoon Network (US) launch?
a) 1982 b) 1992 c) 2002
5. Japan is known for its long-running animated TV series. Which of the following is the longest-running?
a) Sazae-san b) Doraemon c) Ojarumaru d) Crayon Shin-chan
6. True or false. Flip books are considered a form of animation.
7. This 1992 animated series was based on a popular DC Comics character.
a) Batman: The Animated
b) Superman: The Animated
c) Green Lantern: The Animated
8. Some of the most successful stop-motion animated films of all time were produced by Aardman Animations in the UK. Which of the following is NOT one of the studio's movies?
a) Chicken Run b) Wallace & Gromit c) Fantastic Mr. Fox d) Shaun the Sheep
9. What was the first computer-animated film (full length)?
a) Finding Nemo b) Antz c) A Bug's Life d) Shrek e) Toy Story
10. Which movie was the first to win an Academy Award for Best Animated Feature?
a) Shrek b) Spirited Away c) The Incredibles d) Happy Feet
11. The first animated feature produced by Walt Disney Studios was __________.
a) Fantasia b) Dumbo c) Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs d) Cinderella
12. True or false. A Charlie Brown Christmas is a 1965 animated TV special based on a popular comic strip by Charles M. Schulz. ABC has broadcast the special every year during Christmastime since 1965.
1)d 2)b 3)a 4)b 5)a 6)True 7)a 8)c 9)e 10)a 11)c 12)False
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4 correct