a) Birmingham b) Montgomery c) Mobile d) Huntsville
2. Which of these best describes Alabama's typical climate?
a) Hot summer, very cold winter
b) Cool and rainy year round
c) Low temperatures and snowy
d) Hot to mild temperatures year round
3. Politically, Alabama is considered a _______.
a) Red state b) Blue state c) Neither
4. Explorers or settlers from which European country were believed to be the first from their continent to reach what is now present-day Alabama?
a) France b) Britain c) Spain d) Portugal
5. Geographically, Alabama is located in which region of United States?
a) West b) Midwest c) Northeast d) South
6. What is Alabama's official state bird?
a) Mockingbird b) Brown thrasher c) Brown pelican d) Yellowhammer
7. During the Civil War, Alabama was on the side of ________.
a) The Union b) The Confederacy c) Neither (stayed neutral)
8. What system is used by Alabama to calculate state income tax?
a) Progressive tax (brackets)
b) Flat tax (one rate)
c) No income tax
9. Which U.S. time zone is Alabama in?
a) Pacific b) Mountain c) Central d) Eastern
10. The University of Alabama is well-known for its excellence in collegiate sports. The school is a member of which athletic conference?
a) Big East b) ACC c) Big 12 d) SEC
11. Which of the following nicknames is NOT one commonly associated with Alabama?
a) Southern State b) Heart of Dixie c) Yellowhammer State d) Cotton State
12. True or False. Alabama's Port of Mobile is located in the Gulf of Mexico.
1)b 2)d 3)a 4)c 5)d 6)d 7)b 8)a 9)c 10)d 11)a 12)True
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4 correct