a) Stage or live theater
c) TV or radio
d) All of the above
2. The first instance of acting performance in the western world was recorded in Ancient Greece. What was the name of the actor?
a) Araros b) Hegelochus c) Thespis d) Metrobius
3. In modern times, the highest accolade a movie actor can receive is __________.
a) An Oscar for acting
b) A Golden Globe for acting
c) A leading role in a blockbuster film
4. Known for his martial arts prowess, this legendary Hong Kong actor starred in the cult classic Enter the Dragon.
a) Jackie Chan b) Jet Li c) Bruce Lee d) Donnie Yen
5. Who was the only person in Oscars history to win Best Actress four times?
a) Elizabeth Taylor b) Katharine Hepburn c) Meryl Streep d) Bette Davis
6. True or False. Despite being one of the greatest actors of all time, Charlie Chaplin did not win an Oscar for Best Actor.
7. In the late 1990s and early 2000s, the extreme popularity of several South Korean TV dramas generated a cultural phenomenon called the Korean Wave, which spread throughout Asia. Dae Jang Geum was one of these TV dramas. Who played the leading role in the series?
a) Kim So-eun b) Choi Ji-woo c) Lee Young-ae
8. Voice acting is a field where actors and actresses lend their voices to characters in animated films or TV shows. What is the name of the voice actor behind the popular SpongeBob character?
a) Tom Kenny b) Bill Fagerbakke c) Rodger Bumpass d) Clancy Brown
9. Known for his cowboy roles in western movies, this actor is also a highly accomplished director who won Best Director for the 1992 movie Unforgiven.
a) John Wayne b) Clint Eastwood c) James Garner
10. Gérard Depardieu is France's most celebrated actor. He played the leading role in which of these movies?
a) Romero and Juliet 1968
b) Hamlet 1996
c) Three Musketeers 1993
d) Cyrano de Bergerac 1990
11. Who was the lead actress in Alfred Hitchcock's horror thriller The Birds?
a) Joan Fontaine b) Ingrid Bergman c) Grace Kelly d) Janet Leigh e) Tippi Hedren
12. True or False. In traditional Chinese opera, it was not uncommon that the female role in a stage production would be played by a male actor.
1)d 2)c 3)a 4)c 5)b 6)True 7)c 8)a 9)b 10)d 11)e 12)True
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4 correct