a) The rededication of the (2nd) Holy Temple in Jerusalem
b) The deliverance of the Jewish people from Haman
c) The exodus of the Jews (slavery) from Egypt
2. In Israel, Passover typically lasts for how many days?
a) 3 b) 7 c) 8 d) 10
3. On the Jewish calendar, which of these holidays or festivals is celebrated before Passover?
a) Hanukkah b) Rosh Hashanah c) Yom Kippur d) Purim
4. Which event in the New Testament is connected to Passover?
a) Jesus' Birth b) Baptism of Jesus c) The Last Supper
5. What is Passover seder?
a) A traditional/ritual feast
b) A special prayer recited during services in synagogues
c) A fast
d) A public reading of a holy book
6. The traditional bread consumed during Passover is ________.
a) Malawach b) Matzo c) Bialy d) Challah
7. How many cups of wine one is expected to consume in a traditional Passover meal?
a) 8 b) 7 c) 4 d) 3
8. In the story of Passover, who (as commanded by God) helped free the Jews from slavery and lead them out of Egypt?
a) Moses b) King David c) Judah Maccabee d) Solomon
9. According to traditions, the Jews were freed from slavery after the Egyptians suffered the Ten Plagues. What was the first plague?
a) Hordes of frogs overran Egypt
b) A disease that killed all of Egyptian livestock
c) Water in the Nile turned into blood
d) A swarm of locusts attacked Egypt
10. Passover is one of three pilgrimage festivals. The other two are Shavuot and ________.
a) Purim b) Tu Bishvat c) Rosh Hashanah d) Sukkot
11. Passover falls on which month in the Gregorian calendar? Pick the best answer.
a) March b) April c) May d) A or B, depend on the year
12. True or false. The special plate used in Passover seder is designed to contain or display 6 different food items.
1)c 2)b 3)d 4)c 5)a 6)b 7)c 8)a 9)c 10)d 11)d 12)True
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4 correct