a) Atari b) Magnavox c) Coleco d) Philips
2. Pong was one of the earliest arcade video games. It was a basic simulation of which tabletop game?
a) Ping Pong b) Billiards c) Air Hockey d) Foosball
3. Based on copies sold and including bundled sales, which video game title is the highest selling game of all time?
a) Wii Sports b) Grand Theft Auto V c) Super Mario Bros. NES d) Tetris 1984 e) Minecraft
4. Unlike Sid Meier's Civilization series which is a turn-based strategy game, the Age of Empire series is a __________.
a) RPG b) RTT game c) RTS game d) Tower Defense game
5. Game developer Capcom is behind some of the most popular game franchises. Which of the following is NOT a Capcom's series?
a) Street Fighter b) Sengoku Basara c) Resident Evil d) Darkstalkers e) Final Fantasy
6. True or False. PlayStation 4 is the best-selling home game console of all time.
7. Who is credited as the creator of the Mario and Zelda series?
a) Shigeru Miyamoto b) Eiji Aonuma c) Masahiro Sakurai d) Gunpei Yokoi
8. As a response to Nintendo's Wii Remote, Microsoft released its own motion-controlled device for the Xbox 360 called ________.
a) Move b) Kinect c) Gear d) Oculus
9. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim was the first notable game in the open world genre. Who developed this game?
a) Blizzard b) Bethesda c) Rockstar d) Mojang
10. Nintendo has recently started to develop games for the mobile space. Which of these is the first mobile game developed by Nintendo?
a) Pokemon Go b) Super Mario Run c) Fire Emblem Heroes d) Miitomo
11. The Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3) is the biggest gaming convention or trade fair in the United States. The event is typically held in which month?
a) March b) June c) August d) December
12. True or False. Prior to becoming the president and CEO of Nintendo, Satoru Iwata was a video game programmer who previously worked for HAL Laboratory.
1)b 2)a 3)d 4)c 5)e 6)F 7)a 8)b 9)b 10)d 11)b 12)T
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4 correct