a) Detroit b) Grand Rapids c) Lansing d) Ann Arbor
2. Although it is no longer as important as it was previously, this industry remains the most vital part of Michigan's economy.
a) Agriculture b) Tourism c) Financial services d) Automotive/Manufacturing
3. In recent history, presidential candidates from which political party have generally won the Michigan vote?
a) Democratic b) Republican c) Parity/No strong preference
4. Lake Michigan and four other lakes are collectively known as ________.
a) The Great Lakes b) The Fab Five c) One Big Lake d) None of these
5. In term of population, what is the largest race group in Michigan?
a) Blacks b) Whites c) Asians/Pacific islanders d) Native Americans
6. Christianity is the predominant faith in Michigan. The biggest Christian group is ________.
a) Roman Catholic b) Eastern Orthodox c) Protestant/Evangelical (combined)
7. Michigan was the birthplace of which famous business icon?
a) Henry Ford b) Bill Gates c) John D. Rockefeller d) Warren Buffet
8. The postal abbreviation for Michigan is _____.
a) MN b) ME c) MS d) MI
9. What is the main nickname for Michigan?
a) Wolverine State b) Pure Michigan c) Great Lakes State d) World's Motor Capital
10. Which of these universities is NOT located in Michigan?
a) Oakland University b) Wayne State University c) Northwestern University d) Madonna University
11. Based in Michigan, the Detroit Red Wings ice hockey team is one of the NHL's most accomplished franchises. As of 2016, how many Stanley Cups has the team won?
a) 11 b) 9 c) 7 d) 5
12. True or False. Peach blossom is Michigan's official state flower.
1)c 2)d 3)c 4)a 5)b 6)c 7)a 8)d 9)c 10)c 11)a 12)F
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4 correct