a) A month of free beverages
b) A national holiday
c) A national college basketball tournament
d) None of the above
2. March Madness is also known as ________.
a) The Super Tournament b) The Big Dance c) The Big Ticket d) The Final Four
3. Which college/university has won the most March Madness or Men’s Division I basketball titles?
a) Duke b) North Carolina c) Indiana d) UCLA e) Kentucky
4. As of 2017, the March Madness tournament (men) is consisted of how many teams?
a) 32 b) 64 c) 68 d) 128
5. How does a team earn a chance to compete in March Madness?
a) Win its conference championship
b) Achieve the best conference record
c) Rank in the top 50 teams
d) Earn an at-large bid
e) Either A or D
6. The remaining four teams (semifinalists) in March Madness are called ________.
a) The Big Four b) The Final Four c) The Top Four d) All of these
7. According to the NCAA, which of these teams won a national college basketball title, having ranked #1 in a national poll entering March Madness?
a) Duke b) Kansas c) Michigan d) Louisville
8. Which of these teams declined an invitation to the Big Dance after finishing the regular season undefeated?
a) North Carolina State b) Duke c) Texas d) Ohio State e) Kentucky
9. What is the all-time largest margin of victory in a NCAA men’s basketball championship game?
a) 20 pts b) 30 pts c) 35 pts d) 40 pts
10. Which college head coach has won the most NCAA men’s basketball titles?
a) Roy Williams b) Jim Calhoun c) Bob Knight d) Mike Krzyzewski e) Someone else
11. March Madness was first contested in ______.
a) 1939 b) 1940 c) 1941 d) 1942 e) 1952
12. True or False. The legendary coach John Wooden led the UCLA Bruins to seven consecutive national titles (ten total).
1)c 2)b 3)d 4)c 5)e 6)b 7)a 8)e 9)b 10)e 11)a 12)T
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4