a) Great Britain b) Scotland c) Ireland d) France e) Italy
2. St. Patrick's Day is observed in the month of
a) February b) March c) April d) May
3. Which symbol is most associated with St. Patrick's Day?
a) The Leprechaun b) A harp c) Triskele d) The Claddagh e) Shamrock
4. The longest-running St. Patrick's Day parade in the United States takes place in which city?
a) New York City b) Chicago c) Boston d) Philadelphia
5. Who was Saint Patrick (the person the holiday was named after)?
a) An Irish revolutionary
b) A popular Irish president
c) The patron saint of Ireland
d) A Christian martyr
6. What year did St. Patrick's Day officially become a national holiday in Ireland?
a) 1903 b) 1913 c) 1923 d) 1893 e) 1793
7. The color that is most identified with St. Patrick's Day is
a) Green b) Red c) Blue d) Purple e) White
8. What is another name for St. Patrick's Day?
a) Green Day b) Irish Day c) Ireland’s Independence Day d) St. Paddy's Day
9. Saint Patrick was known for performing which of these acts?
a) Drive away demons b) Banish dangerous animals c) Revive the dead
10. The traditional food of St. Patrick's Day is
a) Cabbage b) Corned beef c) Irish stew d) Potato pancake e) A and B
11. The largest St. Patrick's Day parade is held in which American city?
a) Chicago b) New York c) Philadelphia d) Boston e) Cleveland
12. True or False. Saint Patrick was not an Irish by birth.
1)c 2)b 3)e 4)c 5)c 6)a 7)a 8)d 9)b 10)e 11)b 12)T
Master – 12 correct answers
Expert – 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate – 7 to 9 correct
Beginner – 4 to 6 correct
Novice – Less than 4 correct