a) To give loved ones candy and flowers
b) To honor St. Valentine
c) To help sell hallmark cards
d) To celebrate romantic love
e) B and D
2. What is Valentine's Day most common symbol?
a) Cupid b) Red rose c) Red heart d) A pair of love birds
3. Valentine's Day was first celebrated in which year?
a) 296 b) 396 c) 496 d) 1296 e) 1496
4. In Japan, the recipients of chocolates on Valentine's Day are ______.
a) Women b) Men c) Children d) Parents e) Co-workers
5. Which of the following countries does not celebrate Valentine's Day?
a) France b) Spain c) China d) Japan e) Saudi Arabia
6. Valentine’s Day is mentioned in which Shakespeare's play?
a) Romeo and Juliet b) Hamlet c) A Midsummer Night's Dream d) Macbeth
7. Who was Valentine (the person the holiday was named after)?
a) A king b) A Greek god c) A sage d) A movie star e) A Christian martyr
8. During which period did Valentine's Day first become associated with romantic love?
a) Ancient Rome b) The Middle Age c) The Renaissance
9. What is the most popular Valentine's Day tradition? Pick the best answer.
a) Send Valentine cards
b) Give gifts of candy and flowers
c) Enjoy a romantic dinner
d) A and B
10. Which unofficial holiday is used by people who are single to counter Valentine's Day?
a) Singles Awareness Day b) Singles' Day c) Friendship day d) None of these
11. The Filipino version of Valentine's Day is called ________.
a) Sweethearts' Day b) Day of Hearts c) Day of the Enamored d) Rose Day
12. True or False. Due to related commercial activities, Valentine's Day is considered by some as a Hallmark holiday.
1)e 2)c 3)c 4)b 5)e 6)b 7)e 8)b 9)d 10)a 11)b 12)T
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4