a) Beautiful b) Flowery c) Charming d) Translucent
2. The state of Florida is located in which part of the U.S.?
a) Northwest b) Northeast c) Southwest d) Southeast
3. What is Florida's most popular nickname?
a) The Golden State b) Peach State c) Garden State d) The Sunshine State
4. Which of these tourist attractions is located in Florida?
a) Kennedy Space Center b) Disneyland Resort c) Mall of America d) Grand Canyon
5. Due to its good weather, Florida is notable for being a popular home of this demographic.
a) Married couples b) Gays and lesbians c) Retirees and seniors
6. The capital of Florida (state) is ________.
a) Miami b) Tampa c) Tallahassee d) Jacksonville
7. What is Florida's official state flower?
a) Peach blossom b) Orange blossom c) Apple blossom
8. Florida is renown for growing and exporting this fruit.
a) Strawberry b) Peach c) Apple d) Orange
9. Florida has become a hub for businesses. Which of these corporations is based in the state (main headquarters)?
a) Walmart b) Office Depot c) Ross d) Home Depot
10. In 1992, Florida suffered a direct hit from one of the most powerful hurricanes in history. What was the name of this hurricane?
a) Andrew b) Katrina c) Sandy d) Camille
11. Florida's universities are famous for their football programs. Which of the state's universities was the first to win a BCS national title (January 2000)?
a) FSU b) Miami c) Florida d) None of these
12. True or False. The Floridian city of St. Augustine is the oldest city in the United States.
1)b 2)d 3)d 4)a 5)c 6)c 7)b 8)d 9)b 10)a 11)a 12)T
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4