a) The Great Race b) The American Race c) The Great American Race
2. The Daytona 500 is typically held during which month?
a) January b) February c) March d) November e) December
3. Who has won the most Daytona 500 races?
a) Jeff Gordon b) Dale Jarrett c) Bobby Allison d) Richard Petty
4. Who was the first and only foreign-born winner of the Daytona 500?
a) Raul Cilloniz b) Mario Andretti c) Juan Pablo Montoya d) Dario Franchitti
5. Dale Earnhardt Jr. won his first Daytona 500 in 2004. What year did his dad Dale Earnhardt win his?
a) 1996 b) 1997 c) 1998 d) 1999 e) 2000
6. Which current or former racing team/company has won the most Daytona 500?
a) Hendrick Motorsports
b) Dale Earnhardt, Inc
c) Robert Yates Racing
d) Petty Enterprises
7. Which of these NASCAR drivers has not won a Daytona 500 race?
a) Jimmie Johnson b) Tony Stewart c) Ryan Newman d) Kevin Harvick
8. Who is the only driver to have won the Daytona 500, Indy 500 and a Formula 1 championship?
a) A.J. Foyt b) Richard Petty c) Mario Andretti d) Jeff Gordon
9. True or False. Danica Patrick made history in 2013 as the first woman to win the pole position for the Daytona 500.
10. What is the record for the fastest speed (main race) at the Daytona 500?
a) 167.6 mph b) 177.6 mph c) 187.6 mph d) 197.6 mph e) 200.6 mph
11. Which driver is the only one to have won the Budweiser Shootout, Gatorade Duel and Daytona 500 in the same year?
a) Richard Petty b) Jeff Gordon c) Sterling Marlin d) Bill Elliott e) No one
12. True or False. The Daytona 500 is typically the second most watched auto racing event in America (domestic audience) behind the Indy 500.
1)c 2)b 3)d 4)b 5)c 6)d 7)b 8)c 9)T 10)b 11)e 12)F
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4 correct