This Friday the 13th trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers can be found at the end of the quiz. Thank you for your participation.
1. According to superstition, Friday the 13th is considered a day of ________.
a) Good luck b) Bad luck c) Either A or B (depend on the month/year)
2. Which of the following is a notable symbol of Friday the 13th?
a) Shamrock b) Skull c) Black cat
3. Friday the 13th's superstition originated from which culture?
a) Western or European b) Eastern or Asian c) Not known
4. What is the term used to describe the fear of Friday the 13th?
a) Achluophobia b) Claustrophobia c) Triskaidekaphobia d) Paraskevidekatriaphobia
5. The popular horror film franchise "Friday the 13th" was produced by which country?
a) Great Britain b) France c) United States d) Finland
6. Which of the following is NOT considered bad luck in popular superstitions?
a) Broken mirror b) Bamboo c) Black cat d) Spilled salt
7. What was the name of a computer virus that activated on every Friday the 13th, causing serious problems for infected computers?
a) Brain virus b) Jerusalem virus c) Byte Bandit d) Morris worm
8. Which of these famous people was born on a Friday the 13th?
a) Margaret Thatcher b) Dilma Rousseff c) Kim Jong-il d) Bill Clinton
9. How many Friday the 13th are there in a calendar year?
a) Zero in some years b) At least one per year c) At least one per month
10. Which of these notorious hurricanes made U.S. landfall on Friday the 13th?
a) Katrina b) Andrew c) Charley d) Camille
11. Has there ever been a Halloween that was on Friday the 13th?
a) Yes, there was one instance of this
b) No, this is not possible
c) There could be one in the future
12. True or False. Some people have conjectured that the superstition of Friday the 13th came about as a result of both the number 13 and Friday being considered unlucky.
1)b 2)c 3)a 4)d 5)c 6)b 7)b 8)a 9)b 10)c 11)b 12)T
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4