Test your knowledge of New Year traditions and customs with this fun but challenging trivia quiz. There are 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy.
1. Just as Santa Claus is the mascot of Christmas, who is the mascot of New Year's Eve?
a) Father Time b) Baby New Year c) Red Dragon
2. The United States and Europe celebrate the New Year on January 1 of which calendar?
a) Lunar calendar
b) Julian calendar
c) Gregorian calendar
d) Saka calendar
3. How do the Japanese welcome in the New Year?
a) Fireworks b) A champagne toast c) Good luck kisses d) 108 rings of temple bells
4. Which country did the famous New Year song "Auld Lang Syne" originated from?
a) Australia b) England c) Ireland d) Scotland
5. What is another name for the Chinese New Year? (Best Answer)
a) Lantern Festival b) Japanese New Year c) Spring Festival d) Lunar New Year e) C or D
6. The famous Times Square is located in which city?
a) London, UK b) New York, US c) Paris, France d) Moscow, Russia
7. Which of the following major events happened on New Year's Day?
a) The Euro currency is introduced b) America's 49th state c) UN headquarter opens in New York
8) In Jewish traditions, what is used to symbolize a sweet New Year?
a) Chocolate pie b) Ice cream c) Apple cake d) Candy e) Honey-dipped apple
9. New Year festive trees are popular in ________.
a) Iran b) Poland c) Vietnam d) India e) Germany
10. Which event traditionally follows the annual New Year's Rose Parade in Pasadena, USA?
a) Rose Queen Contest b) Horse racing c) The Rose Bowl d) Rose Idol Contest
11. The first Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve took place in?
a) 1970 b) 1971 c) 1972 d) 1973 e) 1981
12. What is the German term for "Happy New Year"?
a) Prosit Neujahr b) Feliz Ao Nuevo c) Bonne Annee d) Chuc Mung Nam Moi
1)a 2)c 3)d 4)d 5)e 6)b 7)a 8)e 9)c 10)c 11)c 12)a
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct answers
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct answers
Novice - Less than 4