Test your knowledge of the Feast of Epiphany with this trivia quiz. There are 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers can be found at the end of the quiz.
1. The Feast of Epiphany is popularly known as ________.
a) All Souls Day b) Candlemas c) Three Kings Day d) There's no other name
2. What is the significance of Epiphany?
a) It signals the beginning of Lent
b) It marks the conclusion of the Christmas season (12th day)
3. The Three Kings in the Epiphany's story are alternatively known as ________. (Best Answer)
a) The Magi b) Three Wise Men c) First Disciples d) Either A or B
4. While different Christian churches may observe Epiphany on different days, what is the traditional date for this holiday?
a) December 26 b) December 31 c) January 1 d) January 6
5. Epiphany is a public holiday in which of these countries?
a) Mexico b) Phillipines c) Austria d) France
6. Epiphany celebration varies by country and region. Which of the following is NOT one of the common festivities?
a) Egg hunting b) Costume parades c) Small gift giving d) Consumption of festive cakes
7. The king's cake is a popular sweet associated with the Feast of Epiphany. What is typically found inside the cake?
a) A tiny piece of gold b) A baby figurine c) A small flower d) None
8. According to the Bible, the three kings each brought to Baby Jesus a special gift. They were gold, frankincense and ______.
a) Silver b) Incense c) Flowers d) Myrrh
9. What is the Spanish name of the Epiphany holiday?
a) Día de los Santos Reyes b) Cinco de Mayo c) Navidad
10. In Orthodox Church's traditions, the Epiphany is celebrated by the blessing of which natural element?
a) Earth b) Air c) Water d) Wood
11. In Ireland, the Epiphany is endearingly known as ________.
a) Theophany b) Little Christmas c) St. Stephen's Day
12. True or false. Epiphany is a major national event in the United States.
1)c 2)b 3)d 4)d 5)c 6)a 7)b 8)d 9)a 10)c 11)b 12)F
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4