a) Great Britain b) Denmark c) France d) Norway e) Russia
2. What gifts did the Three Wise Men give Baby Jesus?
a) Gold, silver, bronze
b) Gold, frankincense, mint oil
c) Gold, incense, myrrh
d) Gold, frankincense, myrrh
3. Who wrote the popular winter song "White Christmas"?
a) Bing Crosby b) Frank Sinatra c) Irving Berlin d) Multiple authors
4. According to the Bible, where was Jesus born?
a) Nazareth b) Jerusalem c) Bethlehem d) Rome
5. What is the name of Mr. Scrooge’s clerk in the holiday classic "A Christmas Carol"?
a) Jacob Marley b) Bob Cratchit c) Tom Ricketts d) None of these
6. The French cake Buche de Noel takes the shape of a ________.
a) Christmas tree b) Winter house c) Santa sleigh d) Yule log e) Candy cane
7. How many swans are there in the song "Twelve Days of Christmas"?
a) 7 b) 8 c) 9 d) 10 e) 13
8. Which year did the first Christmas truce take place?
a) 1908 b) 1914 c) 1915 d) 1937 e) 1945
9. Who played George Bailey’s (James Steward) guardian angel in the classic Christmas movie "It’s a Wonderful Life"?
a) Thomas Mitchell b) Lionel Barrymore c) Henry Travers d) Frank Faylen
10. By definition, which of the following is NOT a Christmas carol?
a) Blue Christmas
b) Past Three O'Clock
c) Ding Dong Merrily on High
d) O Holy Night
e) Silent Night
11. Which of the following countries and territories does NOT officially observe Christmas as a public holiday?
a) Hong Kong b) South Korea c) Japan d) Cuba
12. What is the date of the Russian Christmas (orthodox) on the Western calendar?
a) December 25 b) December 29 c) January 7 d) January 15
1)e 2)d 3)c 4)c 5)b 6)d 7)a 8)b 9)c 10)a 11)c 12)c
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct answers
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct answers
Novice - Less than 4