a) To mark the end of World War I
b) To honor federal employees
c) To commemorate those who died in war
d) To pay homage to military service members, past and present
2. Veterans Day is observed on what date?
a) May 31 b) June 14 c) November 11 d) December 2
3. Europe also celebrates Veterans Day but by a different name. What is that name?
a) Armistice Day b) Remembrance Day c) D-Day d) War Day
4. When did Veterans Day become a federal holiday that celebrates veterans that all wars (not just World War I)?
a) 1926 b) 1938 c) 1954 d) 1971 e) 1980
5. Which U.S. president moved the date of Veterans Day back to its original date in 1975?
a) Gerald Ford b) Woodrow Wilson c) Franklin Roosevelt d) Dwight Eisenhower
6. How is Veterans Day celebrated? (Best Answer)
a) Display of the American flag
b) Visit to war memorials
c) Ceremonies honoring veterans
d) Perks for veterans and their families
e) All of the above
7. Which of the following is NOT part of the U.S. Armed Forces?
a) Coast Guard b) Marine Corps c) CIA d) Army e) Navy
8. What is the typical role of a national guard?
a) Fighting in war
b) Providing intelligence
c) Guarding key federal buildings
d) Assisting state authorities in disasters and emergencies
9. What is the highest rank for a U.S. military general?
a) 3-star b) 4-star c) 5-star d) Commander in Chief e) General of the Armies
10. The United States did not participate in which of these wars?
a) Vietnam War b) Falklands War c) Korean War d) World War I & II e) Iraq War
11. Where is Arlington National Cemetery located?
a) Washington DC b) Arlington, Texas c) Arlington, Virginia d) Elwood, Illinois e) Biloxi, Mississippi
12. True or False. It is mandatory that all schools will be closed on Veterans Day.
1)d 2)c 3)a 4)c 5)a 6)e 7)c 8)d 9)e 10)b 11)c 12)F
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert – 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate – 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice – Less than 4 correct