This Hanukkah trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and share them with friends and family.
1. What is the chief purpose of Hanukkah?
a) To celebrate the traditional New Year
b) To mark the creation of Jerusalem
c) To remember the Great Exodus
d) To commemorate the rededication of the Jerusalem Temple
2. Hanukkah is observed by which group of people?
a) Christians b) Muslims c) Jews d) Buddhists e) Hindus
3. Hanukkah is also known as _________.
a) Festival of Sacrifice b) Lantern Festival c) Children Festival d) Festival of Lights
4. How long do Hanukkah celebrations last?
a) One day b) One week c) 8 days d) 15 days
5. The menorah is an important symbol of Hanukkah. What is a menorah?
a) A special candle b) A commemorative wreath c) A candelabrum d) A small bush or tree
6. What happened to the Temple in Jerusalem in the events leading to the establishment of Hanukkah?
a) The construction of the Temple was finally finished
b) It was set on fire by anarchists
c) It was desecrated by the Romans
d) None of the above
7. Hanukkah foods are fried or baked with what type of cooking oil?
a) Corn oil b) Palm oil c) Mustard oil d) Olive oil
8. In Hanukkah traditions, Jewish children are given this special gift to celebrate the occasion. (Best Answer)
a) Money b) Chocolate coins c) The Hebrew Bible d) New clothes e) A or B
9. Hanukkah is usually celebrated in which month of the year?
a) December b) November c) October d) January
10. A proper Hanukkah menorah has _____ branches/candles.
a) 7 b) 8 c) 9 d) No specific number
11. How do people celebrate Hanukkah?
a) Lighting the menorah
b) Enjoying traditional Jewish delicacies
c) Singing Hanukkah songs and hymns
d) Gathering for a group prayer
e) All of the above
12. True or False. A new candle is lit on the menorah on each day of Hanukkah through the eighth and final day.
1)d 2)c 3)d 4)c 5)c 6)c 7)d 8)e 9)a 10)c 11)e 12)T
Master- 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4