What skills do you need to play Strata well? Firstly, you must be a strong strategist who is capable of quickly coming up with new strategies and making necessary adjustments during the course of a match. Secondly, you must have excellent logic since this is a mathematical game after all. Lastly, you must be highly patient and mentally strong. It is not uncommon for a player to win a match after being down 3-0.
Rules of the Game:
1. The main objective is to be the first to 5 in a row (horizontal, vertical or diagonal).
2. An official match is a best-out-of-7-games with the first player to reach 4 victories declared the winner.
3. In the unlikely event of a draw, the draw game will be discounted and the score of the current match will stay unchanged.
Strategies & Tips
1. Strata is all about combination 3×3, 3×4, and 4×4.
2. A combination occurs when you have two possible winning paths linked by one common node. See pictures below.
Strata Masters Tournament
About Club Stratagem:
Club Stratagem is a local organization, based in San Diego, that is in charge of establishing and maintaining the rules of Strata. Additionally, the club also sanctions local and international tournaments. Contact Simon for more information. A free Strata game software may be available to download.