a) 6 b) 7 c) Varies
2. Modern tennis originated from which country?
a) United States b) England c) France d) Australia
3. Tennis is played on a number of court surfaces. Which of the following is NOT one of the typical surfaces?
a) Grass b) Clay c) Carpet d) Wood
4. Which tennis champion holds the record for most men's singles grand slam titles?
a) Pete Sampras b) Bjorn Borg c) Roger Federer d) Rafael Nadal
5. Who is the only tennis player in history to win the "Golden Slam" (four grand slams plus an Olympic gold in the same year)?
a) Rob Laver b) Margaret Court c) Martina Navratilova d) Steffi Graf
6. The longest match in professional tennis history was contested by American John Isner and ________.
a) Arnaud Clément b) Paul-Henri Mathieu c) Gilles Muller d) Nicolas Mahut
7. Who is the governing body of competitive tennis?
a) ITF b) ATP c) WTA d) USTA
8. Just as Davis Cup is the premier team tennis competition for men, ________ is the premier team competition for women.
a) World Team Tennis (WTT) b) Hopman Cup c) Fed Cup
9. Tennis made its Olympic debut in what year?
a) 1896 b) 1900 c) 1984 d) 1988
10. The modern game of tennis was derived from which racquet sport (still being played)?
a) Real Tennis b) Badminton c) Racquetball d) Ping Pong
11. What is the title of a popular Japanese manga (comics) that follows the exploits of a young tennis prodigy and his club teammates?
a) True Ace
b) The Prince of Tennis
c) Super Tennis
12. True or False. An unreturnable serve is always an ace.
1)b 2)b 3)d 4)c 5)d 6)d 7)a 8)c 9)a 10)a 11)b 12)F
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4