This Korea trivia quiz features 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and share them with friends.
1. Other than North Korea, South Korea also borders which country/countries by land?
a) Russia b) China c) Japan d) Both Japan and China e) None
2. The Korean traditional dress is called ________.
a) The Hanbok b) The Chosŏn-ot c) Either A or B, by region
3. Which of the following Korean cuisines is the most popular?
a) Gochujang b) Bulgogi c) mbab d) Kim Chi e) Ramyeon
4. The South Korean flag features a Ying-Yang symbol and a quartet of ________.
a) Swords b) Flowers c) Stars & stripes d) Arrows e) Trigrams
5. Korea was annexed by which country in 1910?
a) China b) Japan c) The United States d) Russia e) Great Britain
6. What is the national flower of Korea?
a) Cherry blossom b) Peach blossom c) Rose of Sharon d) Paper white flower
7. Korea was divided into North and South following which war?
a) World War I b) World War II c) Korean War d) Vietnam War
8. What is the national sport of South Korea?
a) Archery b) Taekwondo c) Soccer (football) d) Starcraft
9. According to government’s statistics, the most popular religion in South Korea is ________.
a) Christianity b) Buddhism c) Islam d) Judaism e) Ancestor worshiping
10. What is the capital city of reclusive North Korea?
a) Seoul b) Pyongyang c) Busan d) Tokyo e) None of the above
11. The most important holiday on the North Korean calendar is ________.
a) New Year Day b) Independence Day c) Liberation Day d) Army Day e) Birthday of Kim Il-sung
12. True or False. South Korea accounts for almost half of the total sales of popular video game Starcraft.
1)e 2)c 3)d 4)e 5)b 6)c 7)b 8)b 9)a 10)b 11)e 12)T
Master – 12 correct answers
Expert – 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate – 7 to 9 correct
Beginner – 4 to 6 correct
Novice – Less than 4