a) 9 b) 18 c) 36 d) 72
2. The person who carries the golf bag for a golfer is called ______.
a) An assistant b) A lackey b) An agent d) A caddie
3. After a 112-year hiatus, golf made its Olympic return in which year?
a) 2016 b) 2020 c) 2024 d) None
4. The four majors in professional golf are the Masters, U.S. Open, British Open and ________.
a) The Players
b) The Tour Championship
c) The U.S. PGA Championship
d) World Match Play Championship
5. Tiger Woods is one of the all-time greatest golfers. As of 2016, how many major championships has Woods won?
a) 14 b) 16 c) 18 d) 20
6. Modern golf originated from which country?
a) England b) Ireland c) Scotland d) United States
7. In amateur golf, the most prestigious individual championship is ________.
a) U.S. Amateur b) British Amateur c) U.S. Public Links d) Asian Amateur
8. Former top-ranked ladies golfer Yani Tseng is a native of which Asian country?
a) Korea b) Japan c) China d) Taiwan
9. Golf is endearingly called ________.
a) The Hardest Game
b) Game for Millionaires
c) A Gentlemen's Game
10. What is the name of a 1996 golf movie, starring Kevin Costner and Rene Russo?
a) Happy Gilmore b) Tin Cup c) Caddysack d) The Greatest Game Ever Played
11. In golf's stroke play, the goal is to record the lowest number of strokes in regulation. In match play, the goal is ________.
a) To win more holes than the opponent
b) To score more eagles and birdies than the opponent
c) To out-drive or out-putt opponent
12. True or False. A golfer is allowed to ground his club in a bunker with no penalty.
1)b 2)d 3)a 4)c 5)a 6)c 7)a 8)d 9)c 10)b 11)a 12)F
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4