a) Kareem Abdul-Jabbar b) LeBron James c) Michael Jordan d) Wilt Chamberlain
2. When did basketball become an official Olympic event?
a) 1936 b) 1940 c) 1944 d) 1948
3. Where is the Naismith Basketball Hall of Fame located?
a) Washington D.C.
b) Columbus, Georgia
c) Covington, Louisiana
d) Springfield, Massachusetts
4. In college basketball, what was made illegal in 1967 but then brought back in 1976?
a) 3-pointers b) Backboard c) Slam dunk d) Alley oops
5. Who was the first player of Asian descent to play in the NBA?
a) Wataru Misaka b) Wang Zhizhi c) Ni Hao d) Yao Ming
6. Which NBA team holds the record for the longest winning streak (33 straight games)?
a) Boston Celtics b) Chicago Bulls c) Golden State Warriors d) Los Angeles Lakers
7. How long is the college basketball shot clock?
a) 3 seconds b) 15 seconds c) 24 seconds d) 30 seconds
8. Who invented the game of basketball?
a) John Wooden b) Tony Hinkle c) James Naismith d) Not known
9. How many teams play in the NBA?
a) 32 teams b) 26 teams c) 13 teams d) 30 teams
10. Which team won the first NBA championship (BAA included)?
a) New York Knicks b) Philadelphia Warriors c) Fort Wayne Pistons d) Boston Celtics
11. The U.S. men's basketball team first earned the nickname "Dream Team" at which Olympics?
a) 1988 b) 1992 c) 1996 d) None of the above
12. True or False. Basketball great Michael Jordan won 6 consecutive NBA titles.
Answer key: 1a,2a,3d,4c,5a,6d,7d,8c,9d,10b,11b, 12f
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate - 7 to 9 correct
Beginner - 4 to 6 correct
Novice - Less than 4