This archery trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy and share them with friends.
1. In competitive archery, the primary aim is ________.
a) To hit a stationary target
b) To hit a moving target
c) To land the arrow as far as possible
d) None of the above
2. Shooting in archery involves the use of ________.
a) Gun and bullets b) Launcher and missiles c) Bow and arrows d) Darts
3. Archery is an official Olympic sport. Which country has won the most Olympic gold medals in this discipline?
a) United States b) China c) Japan d) South Korea e) Great Britain
4. The two types of bow used in competitive target archery are recurve and compound. Which of the two is used in the Olympics?
a) Recurve b) Compound c) Both
5. Besides being used for competition, archery has also been used for ________.
a) Hunting b) Zen mediation c) Both A & B
6. Archers are highly romanticized in ancient mythologies. Which of these mythical deities is NOT known for his or her archery-prowess?
a) Apollo b) Artemis c) Cupid d) Houyi e) Hermes
7. Archery made its official Olympic debut in ________.
a) 1896 b) 1900 c) 1904 d) 1920 e) 1924
8. English archers were a powerful military force in the Middle Ages. What type of bow was used by the English in battles?
a) Crossbow b) Longbow c) Composite bow d) None of these
9. What is a bullseye in target archery?
a) The target’s center b) The name of an arrow
10. What is the name of Japanese Zen archery?
a) Gukgung b) Kyudo c) Mounted archery
11. The highest score for a single archery shot is ________.
a) 1 b) 5 c) 10 d) 50 e) 100
12. True or False. Other than the Olympics, major archery competitions include the World Championships and the World Cup.
1)a 2)c 3)d 4)a 5)c 6)e 7)b 8)b 9)a 10)b 11)c 12)T
Master – 12 correct answers
Expert – 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate – 7 to 9 correct
Beginner – 4 to 6 correct
Novice – Less than 4