a) Macaroni b) Spaghetti c) Croissant d) Pizza
2. The capital city of Italy is ________.
a) Palermo b) Naples c) Catania d) Turin e) Rome
3. Which of these world wonders is located in Italy?
a) Eiffel Tower b) Leaning Tower of Pisa c) Great Pyramid
4. Italy is known for its great fashion designers. Which Italian city is a top hub in the fashion world?
a) Venice b) Milan c) Florence
5. Who was the author of the great Italian painting, the Mona Lisa?
a) Raphael b) Michelangelo c) Donatello d) Leonardo da Vinci
6. How many times has an Italian city hosted the Summer Olympic Games?
a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4 e) None
7. Which music genre originated from Italy/Ancient Rome?
a) Opera b) Rock c) Waltz d) Folk music e) Jazz
8. What are the three colors of the Italian flag?
a) Red, White & Blue
b) Blue, White & Red
c) Green, White & Red
d) Black, Red & Yellow
9. The main religion or religious denomination in Italy is ________.
a) Protestantism b) Roman Catholicism c) Islam d) Buddhism e) Judaism
10. Who was the fascist dictator that ruled Italy during World War II?
a) Francisco Franco b) Adolf Hitler c) Benito Mussolini d) Joseph Stalin
11. What form of government does Italy have?
a) Constitutional monarchy b) Parliamentary c) Dictatorship
12. True or False. Vatican City, which is located inside Rome, is a city-state independent of Italy.
1)c 2)e 3)b 4)b 5)d 6)a 7)a 8)c 9)b 10)c 11)b 12)T
Master – 12 correct answers
Expert – 10 to 11 correct answers
Intermediate – 7 to 9 correct
Beginner – 4 to 6 correct
Novice – Less than 4 correct