Test your knowledge of Spanish culture with this trivia quiz. There are a total of 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz.
1. Spain is known for its professional football (soccer) league La Liga. Which of the following football teams is NOT of a Spanish club?
a) Real Madrid b) Barcelona c) Porto d) Valencia e) Villarreal
2. What form of government does Spain have?
a) Constitutional Monarchy b) Military dictatorship c) Republic
3. Who was the military dictator that ruled Spain for over three decades?
a) Adolf Hitler b) Benito Mussolini c) Mao Zedong d) Muammar Gaddafi e) Francisco Franco
4. The Flamenco dance/music originated from this Spanish region.
a) Andalusia b) Catalonia c) Basque Country d) Canarias e) Valencian Community
5. The author of the Spanish picaresque novel Don Quixote was ________.
a) Garcilaso de la Vega b) Miguel de Cervantes c) Antonio Machado
6. Which of these musical instruments originated from Spain?
a) Piano b) Violin c) Banjo d) Modern classical guitar e) Flute
7. The main religion or religious denomination in Spain is ________.
a) Islam b) Protestant c) Roman Catholic d) Judaism
8. The Running of the Bulls is a popular annual event in Spain. The most famous run is held at which Spanish city?
a) Seville b) Bilbao c) Pamplona
9. What is the national flower of Spain?
a) Red rose b) Red carnation c) Tulip d) Daisy e) Orchid
10. Spain has a historical rivalry with which neighboring country?
a) Portugal b) France c) Morocco
11. Due to its imperialist past, Spain shares a special history with this region of the world.
a) Middle East b) Latin America c) North Africa d) Australasia
12. True or False. Diego Velázquez was the author of the famed Spanish painting, Las Meninas.
1)c 2)a 3)e 4)a 5)b 6)d 7)c 8)c 9)b 10)a 11)b 12)True
Master – 12 correct answers
Expert – 10 to 11 correct
Intermediate – 7 to 9 correct
Beginner – 4 to 6 correct
Novice – less than 4 correct