This trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Have fun and happy Deutschland!
1. Germany is comprised of how many federal states?
a) 6 b) 16 c) 26 d) 36
2. During the Cold War, Germany was divided into two separate countries. Which one was an ally of the Soviet Union?
a) East Germany b) West Germany c) Neither
3. The German flag features three colors: black, red and ______.
a) Blue b) Green c) Orange d) Gold
4. Automobile is an important industry in Germany. Which of the following is NOT a German auto brand?
a) Volkswagen b) Porsche c) Volvo d) Mercedes Benz e) BMW
5. The predominant religion in Germany is ________.
a) Christianity b) Islam c) Buddhism d) Judaism
6. True or false. Modern German architecture prefers fanciness and grandeur over simplicity and functionality.
7. Many of the world's foremost philosophers were of German origin. Which philosopher introduced the concept of Ubermensch or super-human?
a) Karl Marx b) Friedrich Nietzsche c) Gottfried Leibniz d) Immanuel Kant
8. Oktoberfest is a popular food festival in Germany. This half-month-long event is celebrated by drinking which type of beverage?
a) Soda b) Wine c) Beer
9. In one of the darkest chapters in Germany's history, Nazi-led troops conducted genocide on which ethnic group?
a) Asians b) Africans c) Jews d) Muslims
10. What form of government does Germany have?
a) Communism b) Dictatorship c) Direct democracy d) Republic
11. Who was the author of the quintessential German novel, The Sorrows of Young Werther?
a) Franz Kafka b) Thomas Mann c) Herman Hesse d) Wolfgang von Goethe
12. True or false. Germany has the largest economy in Europe.
1)b 2)a 3)d 4)c 5)a 6)False 7)b 8)c 9)c 10)d 11)d 12)True
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct
Intermediate - 7 to 9
Beginner - 4 to 6
Novice - Less than 4