Test your knowledge of Australia with this trivia quiz. There are a total of 12 trivia questions. Answers to the questions can be found at the end of the quiz.
1. Australia has many national symbols. Which one is the most known?
a) Akubra hat b) Opal stone c) Boomerang d) Sydney Opera House e) Kangaroo
2. What is Australia’s most important public holiday (non-religious)?
a) Labour Day b) Anzac Day c) Australia Day d) Boxing Day
3. The most popular spectator sport in Australia is
a) Tennis b) Rugby c) Australian rules football d) Swimming
4. The national anthem of Australia is titled
a) God Save the Queen b) Advance Australia Fair c) Waltzing Matilda d) Song of Australia
5. Which of these cities is the second largest in Australia (by population)?
a) Sydney b) Melbourne c) Brisbane d) Perth e) Adelaide
6. How many Olympic Games were hosted by an Australian city?
a) 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4 e) None
7. Which of these famous movie stars is NOT from Australia?
a) Nicole Kidman b) Heath Ledger c) Geoffrey Rush d) Hugh Grant
8. What is the state religion of Australia?
a) Christianity b) Buddhism c) Islam d) Hinduism e) No state religion
9. Which of these animals is an Australia native?
a) Koala b) Kangaroo c) Wombat d) Emu e) All of these
10. True or False. In term of total area, Australia is the largest country in the world.
11. Australia formed a sporting rivalry with which country in the region?
a) New Guinea b) Indonesia c) East Timor d) New Zealand
12. True or False. Queen Elizabeth of Great Britain is also the ceremonial Queen of Australia.
1)e 2)c 3)c 4)b 5)b 6)b 7)d 8)e 9)e 10)F 11)d 12)T
Master – 12 correct answers
Expert – 10 to 11 correct
Intermediate – 7 to 9 correct
Beginner – 4 to 6 correct
Novice – less than 4 correct