This trivia quiz has 12 multiple-choice questions. Answers to the trivia questions can be found at the end of the quiz. Enjoy.
1. When a bowler is able to knock down all ten bowling pins with one throw, he or she is said to have executed ________.
a) A spare b) A split c) A perfect throw d) A strike
2. Standardized rules for modern bowling were first established in ________.
a) 1895 b) 1915 c) 1935 d) 1955 e) 1975
3. A full bowling game is comprised of how many frames?
a) 10 b) 10 plus bonus c) 11 d) 11 plus bonus
4. What video game title is credited as having popularized virtual bowling?
a) Midnight Bowling b) Elf Bowling c) Wii Sports d) Wii Sports Resort
5. According to statistics, bowling is played by how many people around the world?
a) Over 25 millions b) Over 50 millions c) Over 75 millions d) Over 100 millions
6. How does one achieve a perfect game in bowling?
a) Attain a strike on all throws b) Score 300 pts c) Either A or B
7. The governing body of competitive bowling in the United States is called ________.
a) U.S. Bowlers Association
b) Professional Bowling Federation
c) American Bowlers League
d) Professional Bowlers Association
8. The facility where people play bowling is commonly called ________.
a) A bowling court b) A bowling lane c) A bowling alley
9. Competitive bowling does NOT have a presence at which of these international events.
a) Olympic Games b) World Games c) Asian Games d) Pan American Games
10. Recreational bowling is known to stimulate ________.
a) Competitive spirit b) Mental quickness c) Memory d) Physical health e) Social interactions
11. Broadcast of bowling tournaments in the United States is provided by which American TV network?
a) FOX Sports b) ESPN c) NBC d) ABC e) CBS
12. True or False. Ten-pin bowling was derived from Skittles, an ancient ball-throwing game.
1)d 2)a 3)a 4)c 5)c 6)c 7)d 8)c 9)a 10)e 11)b 12)True
Master - 12 correct answers
Expert - 10 to 11 correct
Intermediate - 7 to 9
Beginner - 4 to 6
Novice - Less than 4